Wysłany: 2014-05-29, 22:13 Bardzo proszę o pomoc ( sprawdzenie testu)
Relative clauses. Join the sentences using which, where or who. Add commas where necessary
1. I spoke to a doctor. He was very nice.
The doctor who I spoke to was very nice
2. We visited a museum. It had a wonderful exhibition.
The museum, which we visited had a wonderful exhibition
3. She was born on an island. It's now under water.
The island where she was born, is now under water.
4. My girlfriend is in the fashion industry. She lives in Paris.
My girlfriend who is in the fashion industry, lives in Paris
5. I grew up in a house. It's now a theatre.
The house which I grew up, is now a theatre.
6. Tom is my best friend. He works with my father.
Tom, who is my best friend works with my father.
7.The sale in Macy's lasted for ten days. It's now finished
The sale in Macy's which lasted for ten days is now finished.
8. They went to a restaurant. It served crocodile.
The restaurant which they went to, served crocodile
Put the pairs of words into the correct places in the sentences
on my, us over, on well, disturb me, friends with, a distance, ask a , my own , to know, to myself
1. Joachim gets on well with his mother, but he's always arguing with his father
2. Can I ask a favour? Would you mind opening the window for me?
3. Whenever they're arguing, I prefer to mind my own business. I don't get involved.
4. Hayley has invited us over for dinner at herhouse. Can we go?
5. Those neighbours are a nuisance . they're always playing loud music and making a mess.
6. She got friends with her neighbours immediately. They were really friendly and chatty.
7. Please don't disturb me I'm trying to do some work.
8. One thing that gets on my nerves is when the neighbours have noisy parties!
9. Xun hasn't to know made her neighbours yet, but she only moved in last week.
10. I keep myself to myself I hate chatting about.
1.He hardly...b..... any work
a) doesn't do b) hasn't done c) does d) has done
2. Young people talk very loudly..a.. makes their parents mad.
a) what b)that c) it d) which
3. An average family has ...a... children now than before the war.
a) less b) fewer c) many d) little
4. Didn't you..b... play tennis?
a) used to b) get used to c) use to d) to use
5. If John weren't rich he..b.... every holiday in expensive Vegas
a) would spend b) wouldn't spend c) will spend d) wouldn't have spent
6. The King ...b.. lunch when the bomb attack started.
a) is having b) was having c) has d) has had
7. I have lost 7 kilos..a.. I started to jog every moring.
a) since b) for c) from time d) until
8. None of his classmates ...d.. to visit him in hospital so far.
a) has come b) is coming c) came d) hasn't come
9. I can see that you are not enjoying the party. Don't worry we ...a.... stay very long
a) don't have to b)mustn't c) couldn't d) could
10. According to the timetable the bus ....a... at 10 o'clock tomorrow morning.
a) is going to arrive b) is arriving c) arrives d) has arrived
11. Excuse me. Do I. ..c... fill in this form?
a) must b) am able to c) have to d) allowed to
12. Unfortunately I wasn't able to buy the shirt I wanted because I..c.. enough money with me.
a)wasn't taking b) hadn't taken c) hasn't taken d)were taking
13. I .c... there by plane if I were you.
a) I'd fly b) must fly c) will fly d) had flown
14. You father will never ....b.... you drive his car.
a) let b) allow c) permit d) encourage
15. She won't be able to understand the speakers unless..c...... interpreter at the conference.
a) there is b) there won't be c) there will be d) there had been.
16. Who..d.. the office with your brother?
a) does share b) shares c) share d) are going to share
17. Michael ....a....poem won the competition last year , received a fantastic prize.
a) whose b) who c) whom d) which
18. You'll get a good mark in the exam if you...a...
a) didn't get nervous b) don't get nervous c) won't get nervous d) will get nervous
19. I used to...b.... speak a bit of Russian but I've forgotten it all.
a) be able to b) can c) could d) have
20. Who..a... this book from?
a) borrowed you b) did you borrow c) did you lend d) lend
21. What ....a... between 4:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.?
a) did you to b) were you doing c) you were doing d) did you
22. There were ...a... people at the party
a) plenty of b) a few of c) lots d) a lot
Nie możesz pisać nowych tematów Nie możesz odpowiadać w tematach Nie możesz zmieniać swoich postów Nie możesz usuwać swoich postów Nie możesz głosować w ankietach Nie możesz załączać plików na tym forum Możesz ściągać załączniki na tym forum